Panum is seeking experienced and motivated professional for a Senior level Contract Cost and Price Analyst. This position is to support large procurements, proposals and modifications for large IT and other Agency requirements for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Development, Contract Management Division.
Work is primarily from a telework location if the candidate resides outside of the local workplace area.
- Performs price and cost analyses on the various elements of major contractor proposals, reviewing in detail the significant direct and indirect cost elements.
- Analyzes available data such as direct labor hours; the contractors past performance; costs of previous procurements; and/or standards and other techniques in producing like or similar items.
- Evaluates the contractors experience, production, and technical ability on current and previous orders.
- Conducts price/cost analysis of unpriced IT products ancillary to services needed to determine the reasonableness of proposed prices.
- Forecasts price trends, economic factors and efficiencies in services/production for future accounting periods using analytical techniques such as random sampling, cost models, learning curves, and parametric cost models.
- Requests, coordinates and integrates into a comprehensive pricing report the various technical evaluations of cost elements.
- Reviews and evaluates contract price proposals for adequacy and compliance with laws and regulations, and with the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Applies Cost Accounting Principles to cost plus and time and materials type proposals for allowability and allocability.
- Reviews the contractor forward pricing rate, final overhead rate, and cost impact proposals, conducting an in-depth analytical and judgmental evaluation of the proposal to determine reasonableness, accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Maintain and provide status and tracking information on customer requests
- Work cooperatively with the technical staff to address customer requests
- Develop proposal packages, in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures
- Provide proposal support including taking an active role in creating contract proposal volumes, supporting fact finding and the negotiation process.
- Examine estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least three years of experience applying cost and price analysis techniques to compare proposals against previous pricing history, actual expenditures and established rates to determine a negotiation position.
- Application of negotiation techniques to conduct pre-analysis conferences with contractor personnel to develop and explain pricing positions taken on various cost elements of contract proposals.
- Utilize statistical, accounting and financial analysis principles to evaluate a contractor's management and financial capability.
- Education cannot be substituted for experience Must have a bachelor's degree and at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Advanced Cost and/or Price Analysis
- Contract Performance Management
- Proposal Evaluation (Contracting by Negotiation)