Paladin is a dynamic, growing company dedicated to providing high quality web software solutions to our customers. We are looking for a DevOps engineer with experience creating robust and scalable services to create and support application platforms and development infrastructure across Paladin. As part of the DevOps team you build systems and services that provide features like auto-scaling, self-healing, automatic load balancing, service discovery, configuration management, orchestration and more. The ideal candidate will be results oriented, eager to learn, resourceful, have a positive attitude and be a team player.
Paladin is located in scenic Poulsbo, Washington a short ferry ride from downtown Seattle. Our employees enjoy a dedicated and casual work environment with the ability to work in a high technology environment without the hassles of big city traffic.
**Candidates must be able to secure a US Government Security Clearance upon hire.
- Work with Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team members to build a robust Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment platform.
- Utilizes a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Help identify opportunities to improve system scalability and stability, and implement enhancements and best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
- Uses code and scripting languages for service automation and application troubleshooting (.Net, Perl and/or PowerShell).
- Participate in the design and development of new and evolving services, architecture, and performance standards.
- Responsible for the engineering and operation of Paladin’s infrastructure technologies to support existing and new products.
- Engineers cutting-edge infrastructure services by maintaining an understanding of emerging architecture concepts, methods and associated technology trends as it relates to infrastructure services.
- Participates in the design, specification, and implementation of business and technology projects to ensure the required infrastructure services needed are available.
- Responsible, along with the operations team, for developing monitoring and alerting tools specific to the product(s) they support.
- 7x24 On-call responsibility.
- Troubleshoot both infrastructure and infrastructure automation issues.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or another cloud service.
- Familiar with the concepts of continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Familiarity with tools for systems management, operational support, and performance monitoring.
- Knowledge of server technologies such as VMWare, Dell and Cisco UCS.
- Experience with Business Continuity and disaster recover design, planning and implementation.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Experience working collaboratively to create designs and/or solve problems.
- Knowledge of application layer protocols, including HTTP, SOAP/REST, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TLS/SSL
- Experience with the following is a plus: GitHub, Docker, Route 53, Auror
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication, with a collaborative attitude toward working with internal and external (e.g. vendors, partners and regulatory entities) team members.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories and Git branching technologies.
- Understanding of layers of the OSI model
- Experience with relational database concepts and complex SQL statements
- Team and success focused skills and attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field OR equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional development experience
Paladin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Paladin is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.