PactSafe was founded in 2013 to give our customers and their customers precious time back into their lives. We're building the contract acceptance platform of the future, leveraged by some of the most innovative companies in the world. By securely powering acceptance that scales with their business and integrates seamlessly, companies like DoorDash, Wayfair, Upwork, Angie’s List and CDW have been able to transform the way they interact with customers. With ambitious goals going forward, PactSafe is looking to bring on talented, passionate people to help build something special.
At PactSafe, we offer growth and opportunity:
While we revolutionize the way our customers do business, we also empower our employees to excel. As one of the most steadily-growing tech companies in Indianapolis, we invite you to be a part of our quick-paced, rewarding, and fun work environment. For this particular role, you'll work closely with our CTO and CPO – giving you the opportunity to learn everything about our business, customers, and technology under the direct leadership of our co-founders.
What does a "Senior Software Engineer - Platform" at PactSafe do?
As a Senior Software Engineer - Platform, you will be a guiding member of our Platform Squad, which is responsible for building the backend services and APIs that power the PactSafe platform. You'll be responsible for architecting, developing, and testing highly-scalable services built for the enterprise. Your involvement will span all areas of the product development lifecycle – from discovery to delivery, and everything in between.
As a senior member of our tight-knit engineering team, we'll rely on your input to guide the direction of our product and the technologies that we implement. You'll have the opportunity to establish development best practices and leverage the latest services and frameworks to build something that you’re truly proud of. You'll work closely with product, engineering and design leadership to understand business requirements, define technical requirements, and deliver amazing features to our customers.
- Involved in all aspects of the product development process – from discovery to delivery and everything in between.
- Responsible for architecting, developing and testing an enterprise-ready platform, with a focus on scalability, reliability and availability.
- Provide input to guide the direction of our product and the technologies that we implement.
- Assist in establishing development best practices and drive innovation using the latest services and frameworks.
- Work closely with product, engineering and design leadership to understand business requirements, define technical requirements, and deliver impactful features to our customers.
- Serve as a leader to other engineers through one-on-one interactions, code reviews, etc.
- 5+ years of experience working heavily in a Node.js environment.
- You’ve leveraged services within a cloud-hosted platform such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- You’ve worked with NoSQL and document-based database technologies such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch or Redis.
- You’ve been a major contributor to a RESTful API.
- You’ve been a major contributor to a highly-scalable web app or cloud-hosted platform.
- You’ve been responsible for delivering stable software that customers rely on.
- You’ve worked in an agile development cycle that required you to collaborate closely with product owners and other engineers.
- You’ve worked on a team of engineers where you had to brainstorm, develop collaboratively, and review the work of your teammates.
- You’ve been responsible for defining technical requirements and acceptance criteria.
- You’ve had to wear multiple hats including system design, development and testing.
- You’ve welcomed projects that fell outside the scope of your normal responsibilities.
- You understand how to build and deploy cloud-hosted JS applications using Docker, Jenkins, AWS, etc.
- You understand how to architect for scale, reliability and availability.
- You’re able to see the big picture and execute on key, low-level details.
- You’re passionate about learning and continuing to evolve your skill set.
- You’re eager for new challenges and welcome a wide range of responsibilities.
- You enjoy taking ownership of a problem and finding the solution on your own.
- You love getting your hands dirty and troubleshooting complex problems.
- You excel in situations that require you to work through ambiguity or solve challenging problems with little-to-no direction.
- You can pivot on a dime in a fast-paced work environment.
- You’re not afraid to voice your opinion to other engineers early and often.
- You’re not afraid to try something new, fail miserably, and try again.
- You're excited to work at a fast-paced startup and contribute to a flourishing tech community.
We want you to be the best you:
We want to make sure you’re growing professionally while you're here at PactSafe. Our leadership team launched our “Work Someplace Awesome” policy this year, where employees are reimbursed for working anywhere (yes, anywhere) in the world to further their life and work experience! We're focused on providing our team with everything they need to be their best professionally and personally.
If you’re looking to take on exciting new challenges and make a valuable impact on the future of a growing company, then we want you on the PactSafe team!