In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems. You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their career.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- A growing team with a culture focused on collaborating and learning together.
- You will work directly with other team leaders and managers to continue improving our teams.
- Microservices, microservices and microservices, with more than 40 in production.
- More than 3.4K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture.
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Docker containers from your local environment until production.
- DevOps mentality.
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Promote software development best practices and ensure that the rest of the team follows them.
- Care about documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Care about optimization when it is needed and you proactively get in-depth knowledge about how the tech tools work in terms of performance.
- Mentor other engineers in order for them to interiorize best practices and grow as technical contributors.
- Raise the hand when there is a problem and find a solution collaboratively.
- Bring new ideas/concepts/technologies to the table and share them with the team.
- Lead by example the use of software development best practices.
- Deliver under high-quality standards via well-tested code and actively participating in code reviews.
- Monitor and troubleshoot software deployed in production.
- Ensure software solutions take into account the broader scope of Packlink's platform.
- Grow the team’s excellence around Packlink’s technologies.
- Brings context to the team
- Have knowledge across the team
- Promote the company culture and values.
- Team’s budget management.
- Supervise the guidelines defined by the different area leads.
- Holds 1&1s meetings with the team members.
- Build and keep a safe environment within the team
- Monitor team & team members’ performance.
- Be aware of the team’s focus as well as the tech and product strategies.
- Ensure the focus, technical and product strategy on the team
- Feedback culture
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for the EU.
- While we do not require previous Scala knowledge, you should be willing to learn it.
- 5+ years of real, hands-on experience in backend programming in a professional environment (preferably with Java)
- Previous experience managing teams: giving context, driving 1&1s, ensuring focus within a team, creating a safe environment and creating a collaborative culture.
- Experience with strongly typed programming languages or willing to learn.
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges. In fact, you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers. We are an international company, ability to read in English is needed.
I’d be great if you:
- Have knowledge of Java 8 and it’s functional bits.
- Having Scala Knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework (very welcome).
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies is highly preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: from € 50,000 to € 65,000.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Remote (Spain location only at this moment) with the possibility of coming to the office for team buildings and essential team meetings.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/French classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.