In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems. You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their career.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
- Ability to balance planned and reactive work using agile/lean practices and technical roadmaps
- Experience troubleshooting problems and collaborating with other teams on resolving production issues
- Passion to build well-functioning systems
- Awareness of the team goals and how to work towards them
- Ability to transform a complex problem into multiple simplified ones.
Strong Linux admin experience
Knowledge of network fundamentals (e.g.: firewalls, load balancers, routing, etc.)
Experience working with at least one of the leading cloud platforms: GCP or AWS
Strong experience using Docker
Administration level in RDBMS and NoSQL databases
Experience with container orchestration tools (e.g.: Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.)
Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, etc.)
Experience with Terraform
Experience in setting up and running CI platforms (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
Experience with monitoring frameworks and tools (e.g.: Nagios, Sensu, New Relic, etc.)
Proficiency with at least one high-level programming language (e.g.: Ruby, Python, etc.)
Knowledge of benchmarking and performance testing
Knowledge of network and systems security in distributed systems
Experience with building tools (e.g.: Gradle, Maven, etc.)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: from € 45,000 to € 55,000.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote two days per week.
- Paid availability
- Paid 22 days vacation leave.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/German classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.