In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology. We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses.
Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems.
You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment. You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their careers. To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities in a company with more than 15 nationalities.
What you’ll find is:
- The challenge of designing and maintaining a decentralized micro-frontend architecture powered by a cutting-edge tech stack (https://stackshare.io/packlink/frontend).
- A working application being migrated from Angular to React components.
- Implementing the latest content management strategies with Gatsby + React.
- A cross-company branded Design System.
- Helping to make frontend apps fully automated and container friendly, DevOps mentality.
- A backend platform with several REST APIs built upon a large micro-services platform.
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers, and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Actively advocate for high quality, well-tested code by being the example to follow.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Monitor and troubleshoot software deployed in production.
- Provide insightful technical solutions to the problems at hand
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices; grow the team’s excellence around frontend technologies and cloud technologies.
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for the EU
- 4+ years of real, hands-on experience in frontend related work in a professional environment.
- High proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Working experience with Sass
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like Git or Mercurial.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact, you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problem-solving. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team-oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: Junior 30k-35k, Mid 35k-45k, Senior 45k-55k
- Up to 2000€/year training budget (certification, conferences attendance...)
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote 2 days per week.
- Paid vacation leave.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid center (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/French classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.