In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology. We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses.
Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers. At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems.
You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment. You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their careers. To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities in a company with more than 15 nationalities.
What you’ll find is:
- The challenge of designing and maintaining a decentralized micro-frontend architecture powered by a cutting-edge tech stack (https://stackshare.io/packlink/frontend).
- Implementing the latest content management strategies with Contentful and Gatsby.
- A cross-company branded Design System shared by 6 SPAs and micro-frontends.
- Helping to make frontend apps fully automated and container friendly, DevOps mentality.
- A backend platform with several REST APIs built upon a large microservices platform.
- A Typescript SDK modelling our REST APIs and a micro-frontend design mindset.
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Work as a member of a team within the larger engineering group to deliver high quality and well-tested code thinking ahead for strategic planning and execution.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve our products and execute these improvements taking input and guidance from peers.
- Own the design and delivery of new features and entire components to a successful implementation including non-functional requirements and tuning optimizations, meeting release deadlines.
- Build components that enables thousands of users to ship across multiple platforms
- Mentor other developers to become industry-leading engineers.
- Deeply code review peer and open-source contributions to the codebase.
- Champion engineering excellence by promoting best practices, cutting-edge technologies and patterns, and a documentation mindset.
- Participate in hiring a diverse technical team and on-boarding of engineers.
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for the EU
- 4+ years of real, hands-on experience in front-end related work in a professional environment.
- High proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Working experience with Sass
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like Git or Mercurial.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact, you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problem-solving. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team-oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: 55 - 65K
- Up to 2000€/year training budget (certification, conferences attendance...)
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote 2 days per week.
- Paid vacation leave.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid center (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/French classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.