In Packlink, we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium enterprises need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink Engineering team, we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and internal platform systems. You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment.
You will be part of our platform teams, ensuring the infrastructure availability and providing self-service tools to our software development teams to improve their autonomy and their development experience.
You will bring your experience and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their careers.
To achieve this, we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities in a company with more than 15 nationalities.
Organization and soft skills
- Ability to balance planned and reactive work using agile/lean practices and technical roadmaps
- Experience troubleshooting problems and collaborating with other teams on resolving production issues
- Passion for building well-functioning systems
- Awareness of the team goals and how to work towards them
- Ability to transform a complex problem into multiple simplified ones
- Team player
- Motivation about learning and sharing knowledge
- Mentoring other workmates to improve their technical skills
- T-Shaped mindset: motivation in learning about other transversal skills like software development
- Writing and communication skills
- You understand the architect term as a role, not as a title
- Strong Linux admin experience
- Experience in operations & on-call teams
- Strong experience building solutions on any of the major cloud providers (e.g.: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in Infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g.: Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Experience in configuration management tools (e.g.: Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong networking concepts (e.g.: firewall rules, load balancing, VPC & peerings, etc.)
- Strong experience in the Docker ecosystem
- Experience containerizing applications and tools
- Experience with any of the major container orchestration platforms (e.g.: Kubernetes, managed Kubernetes - EKS, GKE, etc.-, Docker Swarm, etc.)
- Experience developing pipelines with any of the major actors in the CI scene (e.g.: Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, Codeship, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring frameworks and tools (e.g.: Sensu, Nagios, Icinga)
- Experience in the administration & operation of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience administering web servers. (e.g.: Apache, Nginx)
- Familiarity with at least one high-level programming language. (e.g.: Python, Ruby, Golang)
- Experience in Continuous Delivery pipelines implementation
- An Infrastructure as code advocate
- Concepts about observability, chaos engineering and resilient systems
- Experience with major actors in the APM scene. (e.g.: New Relic, Datadog, Honeycomb, Instana, etc.)
- Knowledge about benchmarking and performance testing
- Knowledge about network and systems security in distributed systems
- Experience with building tools (e.g.: Gradle, Maven, etc.)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person.
Annual salary offer, senior: from € 50,000 to € 57,000, staff: from € 58,000 to € 65,000.
- A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote (Spain location only at this moment) with the possibility of coming to the office for team buildings and essential team meetings.
- Paid availability as a team member of the on-call team
- Paid 22 days vacation leave
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.