In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems. You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their career.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- Microservices, microservices and microservices, with more than 40 in production.
- More than 3.4K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture .
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Docker containers from your local environment until production.
- DevOps mentality.
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Work in one of our teams to improve our clients experience.
- Delivering high quality, well tested code.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Monitor and troubleshoot software deployed in production.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices; grow team’s excellence around the JVM, FP and cloud technologies.
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for the EU.
- While we do not require previous Scala knowledge, you should be willing to learn it.
- 4+ years of real, hands-on experience in backend programming in a professional environment (preferably with Java)
- Experience with strongly typed programming languages or willing to learn.
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers. We are an international company, ability to read in English is needed.
I’d be great if you:
- Have knowledge of Java 8 and it’s functional bits.
- Have Scala Knowledge is a big plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework (very welcome).
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: from € 45,000 to € 55,000.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours. Remote two days per week.
- Paid vacation leave.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/Frech/German classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.