In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At the Packlink Engineering team, we are looking to incorporate hands-on engineer managers to help our great engineers to unlock all their potential as persons as well as software engineers.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their careers.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- Microservices, microservices, and microservices, with more than 27 in production
- More than 3.4K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Docker containers from your local environment until production.
- DevOps mentality
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Designing and implementing test automation infrastructure and automated smoke, e2e & other tests.
- Work within a team to bring new functionalities to our platform
- Work with all of engineering to maintain and adapt the test suite.
- Analyze new tools and trends in the testing environment.
- Work within the engineering team to build the next generation CI/CD pipeline.
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for the EU.
- Communicating with technical and non-technical teams
- 3+ years of real, hands-on experience in QA automation in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of advanced QA techniques and tools: *box testing, testing pyramid, stress, performance, test artifacts, API testing, etc
- Experience with at least one CI/CD tool
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team-oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, the ability to read in English is needed.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
I’d be great if you have:
- Have knowledge of a JVM language.
- Have Scala Knowledge, is a big plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework.
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
- Experience with SaaS CI tools (Circle CI, Travis CI, etc)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person, 40.000 - 50.000 € gross per year.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events
- Flexible working hours
- Remote when needed
- Paid vacation leave
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid center (next to Atocha station)
- Free English/Spanish/German classes
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it