As Director, Client Strategy, the main objective is to profitably grow overall client investment, to ensure the success of both clients and agency. The Director is responsible for the strategy team’s success, consistency, and efficiency in delivering schedules that meet client performance goals and grow billings. The Director will be expected to lead by example in collaborating positively with other team leaders and teams to exceed client goals. These other teams include: finance, media, creative, executive, business development, and administrative.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
· Understand client business in depth: structure, key staff, overall performance, brand, customers, etc.
· Demonstrate a detailed understanding of clients’ marketing, brand, and customer acquisition goals.
· Allocate and supervise strategy resources to exceed client goals for acquisition & media performance.
· Provide accurate and timely reports to leadership, e.g.: forecasts, opportunities, threats, P&L.
· Prepare materials for & provide strategic leadership in Quarterly Business Reviews with key clients.
· Devise (with Media Dept) & pitch new schedules to grow clients’ business & their media investment.
· Drive regular adoption of these new opportunities to drive client and agency growth.
· Ensure consistently correct attribution for our investments, ensuring alignment with clients.
· Identify and deliver ongoing plan optimizations to improve performance and exceed goals.
· Train, mentor, manage, guide, and retain team talent in the model of Servant Leadership.
· Act as the primary point of contact for client escalations.
· Demonstrate an exemplary attitude of collaboration across teams: e.g. creative, media, analytics, etc.
· Delight clients and form strong relationships founded on professional and personal excellence.
· Average performance vs goal of 100%+, aggregated by quarter, on each client.
· Sell 8+ new opportunities and plans to clients per quarter with performance at 80%+ to goal.
· Increase quarterly billings by $1m vs previous year.
· 80%+ departmental client satisfaction score(s) in QBR.
· No client attrition on account of factors that are within our control.
· Increase average LTV of clients and average duration of retention.
10 Pillars of Leadership:
· Do whatever it takes to achieve department mission, requirements, and KPIs while upholding Oxford Road’s Mission and Values.
· Steward Agency time, resources, and finances as though they were your own.
· Pioneer ways to improve efficiency of existing processes and products with new ideas, information and technology.
· Set, manage, and exceed expectations at every opportunity.
· Demonstrate ownership in cost saving and revenue-producing activities for the Agency.
· Demonstrate ownership in recruitment, development and retention of top talent.
· Bring honor in the marketplace to the name of Oxford Road.
· Demonstrate bravery through strong recommendations supported by data in face of client and marketplace resistance.
· Display a genuine spirit of humility, collaboration, and advocacy for team, partners, and clients.
· Find a way.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years in media strategy or planning
- Deep experience in audio and video channels, in offline media as well as online
- Significant experience of direct (response) marketing or performance marketing
- Demonstrated ability to identify appropriate media opportunities, sell plans, and grow billings
- Expertise with industry tools like MRI, Kantar, Telmar, Strata, NMI, Excel, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Demonstrated attitude of humility, positivity, leadership, and outstanding collaboration
- An understanding of the fundamentals of data, statistics & analytics
- Ability to proactively identify issues and solutions, as well as anticipate consequences
- Proven ability to delegate and manage the workloads of others successfully
- Experience leading a media team and mentoring junior staff
- Proven ability to develop excellent professional & client relationships