As Director of Analytics you are leading our Analytics team and the strategic direction of the departments. You will be held accountable for the execution of the following:
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, train, inspire, mentor, manage and develop a team of Analysts
- Participate in client calls and meetings to meet and exceed client KPIs and advertising goals
- Lead analytics aspects of client engagements in the area of spot attribution, client reporting and ad hoc analysis using Excel, SQL and Tableau
- Lead a team to produce actionable quantitative models and analyses to address the challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, spot attribution, channel effectiveness, and pricing
- Lead a team to deliver modeling results and insight recommendations to clients and other departments, as well as perform analysis on strategically important accounts
- Anticipate client needs and proactively developing recommendations and solutions
- Translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information into client friendly recommendations and directions for varying client audiences via PowerPoint and Word
- Participate in Sales/Pre-Sales activities to address critical client concerns regarding marketing effectiveness, marketing mix analysis, pricing strategy
- Institutionalize the process/methodologies to ensure quality client deliverables, as well as graceful, effective troubleshooting that meets (and exceeds) client expectations
- Recommend and implement research that will aid in the business insight gathering and strategic process
- Be the trusted source for client consultation and oversight of implementation using best practices in attribution for the channels where we operate, with ability to drive action required by client, agency, and third-party sources for optimum performance clarity.
- Create visualizations and dashboard ‘alarms’ that call out key campaign developments and suggest actionable insights. Standardize as much as possible in Tableau using Optimization rules.
- Create prescriptive template/process for on-boarding new clients, normalizing and integrating their data into our dashboard template, and ensuring data integrity and functionality.
Analytic Department KPI's:
- Processes are clearly documented and memorialized to allow for the seamless onboarding of new team members.
- Client Dashboards are constructed quickly and validated weekly for data integrity and clarity of actionable insights.
- Planning Dashboard is operational by date agreed upon with COO and CEO after you begin full time employment with full integration and accessibility of all 2016 cross-client data for audio, influencer and television data.
- Planning dashboard has all cross-client data normalized for continuity of analysis and insights, with data integrity validated to satisfaction of planning team weekly.
- Planning dashboard generates unique influence score and index for all tested channels, with ranking function based on six key client target customer profiles.
- Analytics team is fully capable of validating statistical significance for all test flights and creative A/B tests by date agreed upon with COO and CEO after you begin full time employment.
- Trusted source for client consultation and oversight of implementation using best practices in attribution for the channels where we operate, with ability to drive action required by client, agency, and third-party sources for optimum performance clarity.
- Trusted source for client consultation and oversight of implementation using best practices in statistical analysis and performance modeling to ensure proper design and execution of media and creative tests.
Media Department KPI's:
- Partner with media buying team to establish dynamic buying guide to inform allowable CPMs for each client and tested network.
- Interpret client and cross-client performance data to prescribe action in MVP test design, campaign optimization, and opportunities for scale.
- Serve as source of strategic planning and recommendations for:
- Media type selection
- Market Selection
- Media Budget Requirements
- Attribution strategy
- Creative Length
- Campaign Length
- Significance calculations
- Campaign Optimization
- Post-mortem analysis
- Clearly define each step of process for execution of department responsibilities.
- Train and coach Analytics to quickly onboard and execute tasks.
- Measure, monitor, and coach team members to increase clarity, accuracy, and speed of Analytics.
- Source, suggest, and implement new systems and technology to increase accuracy, speed, and continuity of Analytics.
10 Pillars of Leadership:
- Do whatever it takes to achieve department mission, requirements, and KPIs while upholding Oxford Road’s Mission and Values.
- Steward Agency time, resources, and finances as though they were your own.
- Pioneer ways to improve efficiency of existing processes and products with new ideas, information and technology.
- Set, manage, and exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Demonstrate ownership in cost saving and revenue-producing activities for the Agency.
- Demonstrate ownership in recruitment, development and retention of top talent.
- Bring honor in the marketplace to the name of Oxford Road.
- Demonstrate bravery through strong recommendations supported by data in face of client and marketplace resistance.
- Display a genuine spirit of humility, collaboration, and advocacy for team, partners, and clients.
- Find a way.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years experience in Analytics in Advertising or e-commerce
- 5+ years experience managing teams
- 3+ years experience in R or Python and SQL
- 3+ years of experience in creating reports using Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience working with AWS
- Strong understanding of marketing operations and execution (direct mail, cost benefit analysis, pricing strategy, and more).
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Marketing Analytics expertise in Media Mix Models
- Experience with forecasting and predictive analytics
- Working knowledge of time series modeling.
- Experience working with and presenting to external marketing leaders
- Advanced degree (MS in Statistics and/or MBA) preferred