The Media Coordinator supports the media team and is responsible for the execution of many of the procedural elements of buying and executing a media schedule. In executing the required processes and steps in support of the media team, the Media Coordinator collaborates and interacts with the media, strategy, finance, and analytics teams, along with our media partners. This position is essential to the day-to-day functioning of the media department and requires rigorous attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, follow-through, a strong sense of ownership, commitment to deadlines, and a keen ability to prioritize. The work environment is a team-focused, fast-paced, regularly shifting, startup type environment.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
· Work with finance to confirm approval to book before submitting insertion orders (IOs)
· Send new or revised I/Os to networks as media buys are confirmed or updated
· Confirm their receipt and understanding of orders.
· Receive network I/Os back from networks and confirm their accuracy
· File I/Os according to internal process and specifications
· Enter media plan details into media management software system with correct codes
· Update and revise plan details in software system as plan changes are confirmed.
· Update our internal booking tracker promptly and with rigorous accuracy
· Promptly reconcile discrepancies between booked and cleared media spend
· Ensure any reconciled updates in our media system are complete within 48 hours
· Send traffic instructions and oversee traffic process to successful launch
· Collect, complete, and disperse clients’ network credit applications
· Complete and initiate CIA wire requests to finance.
· Cultivate and maintain positive, strong relationships with networks and vendors.
· Organize and update media team files.
· Assist in maintenance of the Master Audio Universe Database or other internal DBs.
· Complete media ad hoc requests before, during, and after the schedule runs
· Logs reconciled weekly, fully completed by Thursday EOD for the week prior with 95% accuracy.
· Spot discrepancies must be 100% reconciled for month, one week after month end.
· Invoices must be fully cleared and reconciled weekly; 95%+ of invoices are reconciled within 45 days.
· Ensure Strata is accurately and promptly updated with revisions (all revisions due by EOW)
· Insertion orders and revisions are collected, stored, and executed with 99%+ accuracy
· Zero traffic errors
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or above is preferred
· Comfortable with significant amounts of data entry with attention to accuracy and detail.
· Strong proficiency in excel, including pivot tables.
· General media background (buying, planning, or sales), Direct Response buying preferred.
· Knowledge of Strata Media Buying software is a plus.
· Strong numerical aptitude.
· Works well under pressure and under tight deadlines.