We are looking for a seasoned developer to support new product development and scaling of architecture. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and shipping applications for web services. Top notch coding skills, strong software design experience and experience producing commercial applications is a must.
Owl Insights is a cloud-based platform that helps clinicians measure, track, analyze and treat behavioral health disorders. Join us and help transform behavioral health treatment to improve patient and clinical outcomes. We are a venture backed startup with funding from top investors as well as operations and clients across the United States. Our technology is a digital health web application serving enterprise health systems with a patient-facing web interface.
- Drive architectural decisions on technology initiatives.
- Architect and build secure and reliable backends maximizing speed and scale.
- Implement compelling & responsive user-interfaces.
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to rapidly develop and prototype solutions.
- Develop early example project to help pave the way for our team’s transition to a new framework.
- Develop RESTful API based architecture.
- Advise on our technology roadmap as we evolve our architecture and application functionality.
- 7+ years’ experience designing and developing web applications; full stack experience allowing you to comfortably move between the front and back end.
- Excellent coding skills and strong proficiency in web technologies, with an emphasis in Python web development in Django
- Strong ability to tutor and lead a group of engineers to deliver products on time and on budget
- Strong knowledge of database technologies including MySQL/PostgreSQL & Mongo/non-relational databases
- Experience designing & integrating RESTful APIs.
- Working knowledge developing on Linux (BASH scripting a plus)
- Working knowledge of PHP (Lumen, Laravel a plus)
- Experience implementing and deploying within AWS
- Excellent software and application design, implementation, and problem-solving skills with a focus on scalability, web security, quality and TDD.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team and technically lead projects in an Agile environment.
- Strong communications skills.
- Digital health SaaS application development experience a plus.
- Work remotely (West Coast based/Seattle preferred, but not required).
- Meaningful work that impacts people’s lives.
- Be part of a small team that enjoys working together to develop and deliver technical solutions.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and your dependents.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S and currently reside in the U.S.