About the Company:
A leading technology firm is taking the Internet of Things (IoT) to new heights, connecting consumers with information and a number of third-party applications. The company is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Software Development Manager (SDM) in the San Francisco, CA area.
The Software Development Manager will join a team of experienced and highly skilled individuals who think big and develop platform solutions that can be extended to other marketplaces and new businesses. This role is reserved for outstanding technical leaders with exceptional accomplishments in growing, leading and building teams with complex technical challenges, large scale project development and delivery.
- Build and manage a team of software engineers
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture
- Recruit, hire, mentor and coach technical staff
- Interface with customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers
- Help create long-term development and business technology strategies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, such as computer science or engineering
- 7+ years of experience developing software
- 3+ years experience managing software development teams
- Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
- Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers
- Good understanding of various platforms and technologies (AWS, Java, Python, C#, Ruby)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Practical experience with software engineering best practices
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience delivering FinTech software and services
- Proven track record building high-performing software development teams
- Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
- Experience managing service-oriented software systems
If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company-wide initiatives, building and launching customer-facing products and being hands-on involved in the design and development of these intiatives, this role may be the next big career move for you.