OTCXN, Inc. (“OTCXN”) is looking for the best and brightest who can be both fantastic team players and individual contributors to join our family. We want rock-stars without rock-star attitudes, newbies who aren’t afraid to take charge, people who dream big and can share a path to their vision, but most importantly, we want balanced people.
What we do
At OTCXN, we leverage our own Blockchain (also known as Distributed or Shared Ledger Technology), Smart Contracts, Cryptographic Multi-Signature, and other related technologies in a unique, focused, total solution for global FX trading use cases. With the use of these technologies, we have eliminated the credit gap that has been plaguing the largest market for decades.
Our leadership is comprised of professionals who have the know-how and experience building FX and Blockchain technologies from the ground up. Additionally, OTCXN is in a rare position where clients have been waiting for this solution and are eager to start, while also being in the position of not having competitors within either the FX or Blockchain space.
Does this sound like you?
- Do you strongly believe in decentralized world driven by Dapps and Smart Contracts?
- Do you play well with others? Of course we can't be best friends with everyone, but you're a natural for getting along with people and others feel that way about you too (that's key!). Though you may get upset with someone, those issues fall off like water on a duck's back.
- You want to make a difference and don't want to be just another cog in the wheel.
- You are very open to learning from others and when given the opportunity, always willing to jump in and give it your all.
- You're the type of person that genuinely prefers to help out where others are weak and you're also always open to accepting help with your own weaknesses. You understand no one is perfect.
As a Senior Software Engineer for OTCXN, you will be able to participate in a wide variety of projects that help bring transparency to the largest financial markets in the world. The challenges and problems you face will certainly be the most difficult you have ever experienced, while taking you back to many core concepts you learned in school and thought you would never really use. The good news is that we know and expect this to be the case. Regardless of where you came from or what you have done previously, you will be entering a world of bleeding-edge technology requiring solutions that have yet to be invented. This is a company unlike many others where we don't simply use off-the-shelf components and package them up with some business logic and call it a day. If you're looking to take your knowledge and skills to another level, you've found the right place.
The majority of our codebase is written in Java, but don't let that fool you, we are performance freaks so that means some areas require a good understanding of memory management (off/on-heap). In some cases, this requires some services to be written in C/C++ with some voodoo thrown in for good measure. In other cases, we may rely on various hardware solutions working in tandem with software to squeeze out everything we can.
This role is primarily for the following:
- You aren’t some fresh new grad, you’ve got some years under your belt and it shows, because you have worked on various levels, services, layers, etc., for many projects.
- Strong believer in Smart Contract or Dapps enabled decentralized world
- Strong passion for blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- You have good experiences regarding various cryptographic protocols, blockchains, smart contracts, etc.
- You are a code ninja that solves problems in ways most wouldn't think about (and often much more efficient/better).
- You might not be a leader, but you can step up when needed and colleagues trust in your ability to lead properly.
The following will be expected of you:
- Building Dapps and Smart Contracts on Solidity
- Integrate Smart Contract with java based microservices
- Building new nano/micro-services, applications, back-end, front-end, middleware, or anything else in-between within your capability and understanding
- Collaborating with fellow engineers and colleagues; there are no teams of one.
- Taking part in research and development, designing systems and applications, writing or collaborating on papers, and openly sharing knowledge.
- Participating in code reviews, technical meetings, company fun events.
- Keeping up with technical changes, challenges, or news within the FX or Blockchain space.
- Being an awesome person and awesome towards others.
- Overall engineering experience should be at least 5-10 years professionally.
- Experience predominantly in Ethereum based Solidity Smart Contracts or Dapps; minimum 1 year of experience professionally.
- Experience in Java and/or C++ (must be open to both); minimum 3 years professionally.
- Solid understanding of scripting language.
- Solid understanding of Ethereum blockchain design.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and various design patterns.
- Strong understanding of the cryptographic principles and data dependencies underpinning blockchain technologies.
- Experience and understanding of major consensus protocols, asymmetric encryption, Merkle trees, hash functions, key-value database
- Understanding of key areas of Blockchain research including data privacy, confidential transactions, side chains and pegging, sharding, lightning, and other scaling methodologies
- Solid understanding of core principles of OO design and its application (bonus: within highly scaled distributed environments).
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- General Linux knowledge and experience.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, related subject, or relevant experience.
- Sense of humor
- Previous experience with Initial Coin Offering(ITO) or Security Token Offering(STO). Experience in launching cryptocurrency.
- Experience and solid architecture understanding of various other cryptographic protocols, blockchains - Neo, Cardano, EOS, Stellar, Cardano etc.
- Experience in P2P networking
- A Master’s in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience in a field utilizing the same
The following generous benefits package is provided to all employees:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus program
- Stock options
- Paid holidays