OTCXN, Inc. (“OTCXN”) is looking for the best and brightest who can be both fantastic team players and individual contributors to join our family. We want rock-stars without rock-star attitudes, newbies who aren’t afraid to take charge, people who dream big and can share a path to their vision, but most importantly, we want balanced people.
As a DevOps Engineer for OTCXN, you will be able to participate in a wide variety of projects that help bring transparency to the largest financial markets in the world. The challenges and problems you face will certainly be some of the most difficult you have experienced. Regardless of where you came from or what you have done previously, you will be entering a world of bleeding-edge technology requiring solutions that have yet to be invented. This is a company unlike many others where we don't simply use off-the-shelf components, package them up with some business logic, and call it a day. If you're looking to take your knowledge and skills to another level, you've found the right place.
What we do
At OTCXN, we leverage our own Blockchain (also known as Distributed or Shared Ledger Technology), Smart Contracts, Cryptographic Multi-Signature, and other related technologies in a unique, focused, total solution for global FX trading use cases. With the use of these technologies, we have eliminated the credit gap that has been plaguing the largest market for decades.
Our leadership is comprised of professionals who have the know-how and experience building FX and Blockchain technologies from the ground up. Additionally, OTCXN is in a rare position where clients have been waiting for this solution and are eager to start, while also being in the position of not having competitors within either the FX or Blockchain space.
Does this sound like you?
- You want to make a difference and don't want to be just another cog in the wheel
- You are very open to learning from others and when given the opportunity, always willing to jump in and give it your all
- You're the type of person that genuinely prefers to help out where others are weak and you're also always open to accepting help with your own weaknesses
- Your experience supporting and designing continuous integration and delivery pipeline applications will be greatly beneficial
- You are a ninja when it comes to working with various *nix flavours
- You are competent with writing various scripting and automation tasks relative to platform support and service delivery
- You’re not afraid to use new tools, however understand how to carefully balance their use versus proven enterprise tools
- You are familiar with load balancing methodologies and technologies
- You have general familiarity with VMware platforms and virtualization
- Define platform standards to facilitate automation
- Architect, design, and support continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Document pipeline and support applications
- Script tasks necessary for platform and service delivery
- Support development and QA teams with their development efforts
- Facilitate after hours deployment efforts as needed
- Install application updates and system patches as directed
- Collaborating with fellow engineers and colleagues; there are no teams of one
- Taking part in research and development, designing systems and applications, writing or collaborating on papers, and openly sharing knowledge
- Participating in code reviews, technical meetings, company fun events (all work and no fun = boring)
- Keeping up with technical changes, challenges, or news within the FX or Blockchain space
- Being an awesome person and awesome towards others
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience with server infrastructure management
- Minimum 3 years of experience in automation, scripting, or development
- Thorough understanding of build automation tools, such as Jenkins, Concourse, etc
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud
- Experienced with containers and container management systems
- Experienced with at least one scripting language, such as Ruby or Python, and Bash
- Experienced with Git
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, related subject, or relevant experience
- The excitement and fulfillment of solving the biggest problems in the largest markets for top global clients using real blockchain technology
- Competitive salary and stock options in a well-funded and high growth start-up backed by prominent investors
- Bonus program
- Paid holidays