OTC Exchange Network (“OTCXN”) is looking for the best and brightest who can be both fantastic team players and individual contributors to join our family. We want rock-stars without rock-star attitudes, newbies who aren’t afraid to take charge, people who dream big and can share a path to their vision, but most importantly, we want balanced people.
What we do
At OTCXN, we leverage our own Blockchain (also known as Distributed or Shared Ledger Technology), Smart Contracts, Cryptographic Multi-Signature, and other related technologies in a unique, focused, total solution for global FX trading use cases. With the use of these technologies, we have eliminated the credit gap that has been plaguing the largest market for decades.
Our leadership is comprised of professionals who have the know-how and experience building FX and Blockchain technologies from the ground up. Additionally, OTCXN is in a rare position where clients have been waiting for this solution and are eager to start, while also being in the position of not having competitors within either the FX or Blockchain space.
Does this sound like you?
- Do you play well with others? Of course we can't be best friends with everyone, but you're a natural for getting along with people and others feel that way about you too (that's key!). Though you may get upset with someone, those issues fall off like water on a duck's back.
- You want to make a difference and don't want to be just another cog in the wheel.
- You are very open to learning from others and when given the opportunity, always willing to jump in and give it your all.
- You're the type of person that genuinely prefers to help out where others are weak and you're also always open to accepting help with your own weaknesses. You understand no one is perfect.
As a Principal Software Engineer for OTCXN, you will be able to participate in a wide variety of projects that help bring transparency to the largest financial markets in the world. The challenges and problems you face will certainly be the most difficult you have ever experienced, while taking you back to many core concepts you learned in school and thought you would never really use. The good news is that we know and expect this to be the case. Regardless of where you came from or what you have done previously, you will be entering a world of bleeding-edge technology requiring solutions that have yet to be invented. This is a company unlike many others where we don't simply use off-the-shelf components and package them up with some business logic and call it a day. If you're looking to take your knowledge and skills to another level, you've found the right place.
The majority of our codebase is written in Java, but don't let that fool you, we are performance freaks so that means some areas require a good understanding of memory management (off/on-heap). In some cases, this requires some services to be written in C/C++ with some voodoo thrown in for good measure. In other cases, we may rely on various hardware solutions working in tandem with software to squeeze out everything we can.
This role is primarily for the following:
- You can school us or eloquently explain various cryptographic protocols, commitment schemes, mathematical concepts, smart contracts, etc., (think anything utilized in the Blockchain today and well into the future) and their application and/or use.
- Given a complex problem requiring a multitude of service touch points, you are able to devise an efficient solution.
- Some might call you a master polyglot programmer because you’ve got more years of experience with various languages (that you still use) than you have fingers to count.
- You not only envision new features, technologies, algorithms, products, etc., but can devise a blueprint for the various steps needed for execution. If your head is in the clouds, but you can’t lay the pathway down from A to Z, this probably isn’t for you.
- You are a code ninja that solves problems in ways most wouldn't think about (and often much more efficiently/better).
- When most colleagues think of a leader, you are one of the few they think of first.
- You eschew the idea that highly performant platforms are only possible via a network of micro-services because you believe the entire stack / system should be made highly performant; starting from the core (though, we like micro-services too)
- Cookie-cutter projects with only off-the-shelf components bore you because you want to build, innovate, and create.
The following will be expected of you:
- Solving the hardest problems and tackling the biggest challenges the company has to offer (and there are plenty).
- Building new nano/micro-services, applications, back-end, front-end, middleware, or anything else in-between within your capability and understanding
- Collaborating with fellow engineers and colleagues; there are no teams of one.
- Taking part in research and development, designing systems and applications, writing or collaborating on papers, and openly sharing knowledge.
- Participating in code reviews, technical meetings, company fun events (all work and no fun = boring).
- Keeping up with technical changes, challenges, or news within the FX or Blockchain space.
- Being an awesome person and awesome towards others.
- Overall engineering experience should exceed 10+ years professionally.
- Experience predominantly in Java and C++; minimum 5 years professionally for both.
- Successful track record in leading large-scale enterprise projects to success.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and various design patterns.
- Solid understanding of core principles of OO design and its application within highly scaled distributed environment..
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Extensive experience with Linux and various flavors.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, related subject, or relevant experience.
The following generous benefits package is provided to all employees:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Subsidized gym membership
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Floating paid holiday for your birthday
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays
- Bonus program
- Free snacks and lunches provided on-site daily