We're looking for a 10x engineer to build protocols that decentralize the sharing economy.
Our mission is to allow buyers and sellers to meet and transact in a completely distributed way (from car, housing, bike, and other rentals to task-based services like freelance engineering, design, marketing and more).
You will work closely with our founders (both developers) and other early engineers to architect and build out the Origin platform.
Our platform will run mostly on decentralized technology (Ethereum blockchain, IPFS) so you will be expected to pick up new technologies if you do not have prior experience in them. You will be a core member in:
- Architecting, building, and deploying our smart contracts
- Building frontend decentralized apps (DApps)
- Creating open-source libraries that our partners will build on
As a "founding" engineer, you will also be integral in setting both company and engineering culture and processes. You will represent the team at conferences and meetups and help us evangelize the Origin mission and technology.
- 5+ years in software engineering (full-stack strongly preferred)
- Prior knowledge of Solidity or running IPFS nodes is not expected, but will make you stand out as a candidate.
- More than anything, we're looking for an experienced developer who is also insanely hungry to learn new technologies and push the decentralized sharing economy forward.
- Bonus points if have demonstrated open-source leadership and led a major open-source project yourself
How to apply
Please include the following in your resume and cover letter:
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history
- Any publicly viewable code that you have written and published to the blockchain
- Why you are excited about Origin
We strongly encourage applicants to read our product brief and whitepaper and to engage with us around specific technical challenges.