We are hiring an outgoing, experienced and well-networked individual to help build relationships between our company and members of the media. Responsibilities will include public relations, media relations and other external communications. We're looking for someone who help can help us communicate our mission and story to the media, our community and the general public.
You must be able to quickly build rapport with everyone you meet and demonstrate an ability for maintaining long-lasting friendships and professional relationships. You must be friendly, organized and detail-oriented. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and lots of empathy. We're looking for a go-getter who knows how to be persistent without being annoying.
An ideal candidate would be personal friends with writers at top news publications and have relevant media connections in TV, radio, and other media channels. Bonus points if you have existing relationships to key social media influencers in the blockchain space.
You will be responsible for a wide-range of tasks, including:
- Creating and implementing our PR strategy
- Building & maintaining relationships with members of the press & key social media influencers
- Writing regular press releases, pitches and blog posts
- Pitching stories to the press
- Setting up speaking opportunities for members of our team at industry conferences
- Representing the company at conferences, meetups, and other media opportunities
- Overseeing social media PR strategies
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience in a PR or communications role, ideally working for a major media organization, tech company or PR firm
- Glowing references from people you've worked with in the past
- Ability to hustle and solve problems
- Good judgment, empathy, and trustworthiness
- Very detail-oriented
- Strong communication and writing ability
How to apply
Please include the following:
- Links to online profiles you use (Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or in the form of a cover letter).
- A short summary on why you're a good fit for the job
Bonus points for applicants that have researched what we're building and even better if you know a thing or two about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.