Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Who you are:
You are an experienced product designer who will help us create multi-channel user interfaces that are simple and delightful. You have a strong UX background and have the ability to create experiences that not only feel good, but also look good. You can handle projects from A (concept) to Z (shipping and iteration) with little directions. You have a mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals and have an exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail.
About the Role:
Want to play a part in designing the future of eye care? Then look no further. We are searching for a talented, enthusiastic product designer to join our team. You will turn interfaces into rich user experiences, working with our team as you model user behavior, create wireframes, and design interface concepts and graphic layouts.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated about new opportunities and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities and deliverables.
What You’ll Do:
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Help define and drive user-testing initiatives and translate results into actionable insights for product design.
- Distill product performance data such as funnel analysis, page engagement, bounce rates, heat maps etc. to inform ongoing iterations and future designs.
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow web and mobile applications
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Working in conjunction with the Director of UX, present design work to the product/engineering teams, the executive team, and external partners for review and feedback
- Work with product, engineering and data teams to assess and optimize new and existing user flows, features and page frameworks
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3+ years hands on experience as a Designer
- Demonstrated experience having translated concepts into user workflows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Experience facilitating customer sessions to vet and iterate on user interface development by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user testing experiences.
- Design and delivery of wireframes, user stories, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, or other relevant UX tools
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers
- Experience working across multiple teams to apply a collaborative development approach and to drive UX best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Monthly CTA and ride-sharing subsidy
- Daily $10 lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free eye prescriptions from our system, on-staff doctor, or doctor of your choice
- Option to enroll in health insurance, medical and dental programs for full-time employees
- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.