Opternative is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Opternative launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Data Analysts/Engineers use a deep understanding of our data model to write elegant queries and build informative visuals to answer key business questions. You're an engineer at heart and also love working with all business subject areas. You'll work closely with leadership from Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Operations to glean insights from our data science pipeline. Your efforts will monitor current initiatives as well as drive decisions regarding new products and services.
Your technical expertise and business acumen will be essential in informing our understanding of how prospects, patients, providers, and partners interact with the Opternative platform. Finally, you'll manage company dashboards and reports for sharing information throughout the company and with the leadership team to ensure we're successfully making progress toward our KPIs.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of professional experience is preferred, but the exact number doesn't matter
- Proficiency with SQL, understanding data models, and statistical analysis techniques
- Experience and willingness to grow your skillset in regard to information design, data visualizations, and written/verbal communication
- Experience with 3rd party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau, Looker, Domo, Sisense or similar
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience and a hunger to become a thought leader in our domain
- The ability to work locally from our Chicago office (we have a flexible remote work policy too)
Bonus if You Have It:
- Experience building data science pipelines
- Experience with machine learning methodologies and tools
- Hands-on programming experience with Python (e.g. Jupyter, Pandas, NumPy, SciKit)