Opternative is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Opternative launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
About the Role:
Working as a Product Manager, you will be responsible for creating features and functionality associated with Opternative’s suite of Digital Vision Solutions, focusing on new and existing technologies, products and applications. You will create product roadmaps, proactively create market changing services, while being highly responsive to changing market demands and competitive forces
• Synthesize feedback from internal stakeholders, partners and end users on what products / features Opternative should be prioritizing for development to meet stated business goals.
• Author Product Service Descriptions (PSD) and Business Requirements for use by other engineers in order to deliver market-ready products
• Work with the Marketing team to understand emerging customer needs and to develop requests for new products or product enhancements including feature adjustments.
• Primary owner of all elements of the product life cycle including ideation, development decisions, business case input, testing and analysis, market launch decisions and on-going product management support
• Interface with the engineering, marketing, operations and sales teams on all aspects of product management
• Identify, monitor and analyzes internal performance metrics in order to identify and modify features for continued product success and relevance in the market
• Three to five years experience in product life cycle management required
• Experience with / knowledge of medical technology product management and trends a plus
• Strong analytic and fact-based decision-making skills
• Proven ability to translate ideas and data into product definition and requirements
• Proven ability to analyze support ideas and vision with tangible data
• Proven ability to work on and track multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven ability to successfully partner with other colleagues including development, marketing, and business intelligence teams.
• Strong written, verbal and oral presentation skills
• Strong strategic thinking skills
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and other standard office computer applications specifically targeted in the analytics environment including HIVE, JAVA, SQL, SAS, Hadoop, Teradata Aster, Teradata SQL Assistant, Statistical methods/concepts, etc.
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Monthly CTA and ride-sharing subsidy
- Daily $10 lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free eye prescriptions from our system, on-staff doctor, or doctor of your choice
- Option to enroll in health insurance, medical and dental programs for full-time employees
- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies