Opternative is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Opternative launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Who you are:
You are an experienced UX / UI designer who will help us create multi-channel user interfaces that are simple and delightful. You have a strong UX background and have the ability to create experiences that not only feel good, but also look good. You can handle projects from A (concept) to Z (shipping and iteration) with little directions. You have a mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals and have an exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail.
About the Role:
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated about new opportunities and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities and deliverables.
- An available portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role for the web.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience creating prototypes and highly detailed wire frames for complex user flows in web applications.
- Fluency with user interface patterns for desktop and mobile experiences.
- Experience working with software developers in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience working in a tight design cycle and collaborating with the development team for design implementation.
- A deep understanding of interactions between customers in a wide age range and technology
- Experience designing front-end UI’s for enterprise SaaS platforms
- Experience in medical tech a plus
- Capable of leading brand design including creating a brand guide
- Fluency of digital prototyping
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research)
- A bachelor's education in Graphic Design and Interaction/UX Design.
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Monthly CTA and ride-sharing subsidy
- Daily $10 lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free eye prescriptions from our system, on-staff doctor, or doctor of your choice
- Option to enroll in health insurance, medical and dental programs for full-time employees
- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies