Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
About the role:
The Director of Legal & Regulatory Affairs is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President of Government & Regulatory Affairs. Qualified candidates must have exceptional judgment, strong critical thinking skills and a track record of thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Seeking a strategic business thinker with experience across customer contracts, vendor agreements, data privacy, intellectual property and regulatory affairs. The Director of Legal & Regulatory Affairs will support teams across the company on a regular basis. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with the drive to manage deals from end to end. On any given day, you'll be doing one or all of these things:
- Review, draft and manage license agreements, customer contracts, partnership agreements, and complex commercial agreements.
- Provide guidance on business and legal risks, company policies and mitigation strategies.
- Counsel the executive team on a range of compliance, risk management and corporate governance matters.
- Provide practical legal advice and support across all business functions, including finance, sales, business development, product management and marketing.
- Develop and execute global strategies related to data privacy and intellectual property.
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience (in-house Healthcare or SaaS preferred) and law firm experience.
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating strategic alliance, partnership, licensing, intellectual property and commerce-related agreements.
- Understanding of intellectual property, licensing, privacy, data security, and commercial law.
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk, and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Ability to understand and research state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and ability to manage multiple urgent projects concurrently.
- Experience working with multiple business functions and clients (Finance, Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Human Resources).
- Excellent judgment and ability to craft creative solutions.
- Highly self-motivated to lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- BA/BS degree and JD required.
Additional Qualifications: Healthcare & SaaS background preferred
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Option to enroll in health insurance medical, dental and vision programs for full-time employees, with portion of premium subsidized by the company
- Options to enroll in Health Saving Account, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Free eye prescriptions from our system
- Option to enroll in company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Monthly transit subsidy, to be used for CTA, ride-sharing or parking
- Daily $10 lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Gym membership reimbursement ($40/month)
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.