Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Backend Software Engineers architect, prototype, build, test, and deploy new features and functionality for our online vision test and vision care platform. You will work across our product suite to implement new eye tests, APIs, features, and tools. You will be expected to meet code, source control, and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Also, you'll contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Product team.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter
- In-depth knowledge of Ruby on Rails, unit testing (e.g. RSpec)
- Experience with designing and maintaining web APIs (e.g. REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of relational-modeling and advanced SQL (in particular, with Postgres)
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience and a hunger to become a thought leader in our domain
- The ability to work locally from our Chicago office (we have a flexible work from home policy too)
Bonus If You Have It
- Experience and/or interest in DevOps topics, Docker, AWS, or continuous integration
- Experience with web application and network security best practices (OWASP, SANS. etc)
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Option to enroll in health insurance medical, dental and vision programs for full-time employees, with portion of premium subsidized by the company
- Options to enroll in Health Saving Account, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Free eye prescriptions from our system
- Option to enroll in company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Monthly transit subsidy, to be used for CTA, ride-sharing or parking
- Daily $10 lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Gym membership reimbursement ($40/month)
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.