Opternative is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Opternative launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Who you are:
You are the ultimate people person who knows how to quickly and effectively train people (within hours) on new technology that they didn’t know previously existed. You have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization (both written and in-person). You have the ability to be flexible and handle requirements that change in real time. You enjoy to travel - a lot!
About the Role:
The On-Site Trainer is responsible for working with the Partner Success team to schedule and execute in-person training with our partner employees. You will be a major component in the on-boarding and training of our partner employees on how to use and administer the On-Site vision test solution with patients. The role you will play is critical as your interaction with partners will typically be the first time they learn about the product.
The primary goal of the On-Site Trainer is to ensure our partners understand, feel comfortable with, and ultimately utilize the On-Site product post-training. You will be responsible for the first time our partners learn how to administer the test, along within in-person follow-up meetings to ensure we are continually driving adoption.
You will also gather feedback from partners while on-site to identify any areas of opportunity to share with leadership and developers, in order to continually update and maintain the product.
What You’ll Do:
- Focus on client satisfaction and identify opportunities for clients to more fully utilize the system
- Develop, implement and conduct comprehensive training sessions for our on-site vision test software
- Identify client facing training needs and training gaps
- Prepare training manuals and training tools
- Think innovatively about client issues and how they can be resolved within current system
- You will act as a brand ambassador by being an expert in our product and sharing it with our customers
- Cultivate and manage outside vendor relationships
- Develop and maintain effective key client relationships
- Ability to troubleshoot customer issues
- Travel to client sites (around the USA) 70-80%
- Performs all other duties as assigned in the best interest of Opternative
What we’re looking for:
- Bilingual - Spanish (not required, but definite plus!)
- Get it done attitude
- Willingness to go above and beyond minimum requirements
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and with groups of people.
- Excellent customer service orientation and client-interfacing capability
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills along with the ability to relate to others
- Familiar with G-Suite and Office 365
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Monthly CTA and ride-sharing subsidy
- Daily $10 lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Gym memberships reimbursement ($40/month)
- Free eye prescriptions from our system, on-staff doctor, or doctor of your choice
- Option to enroll in health insurance, medical and dental programs for full-time employees
- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.