Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
DevOps and Infrastructure Engineers build and maintain the critical infrastructure to meet the performance, uptime, reliability, and scalability goals of our online vision test and vision care platform. You will work closely with the CTO and Lead Engineers to manage our server environment and expand our architecture to meet growing demand. You’ll help lead security initiatives and train Engineers and QA team members on best practices. You will be expected to meet code, source control, and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Finally, you'll contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Product teams.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of experience is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter
- Experience with AWS and its core services: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, and more
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience with containers (Docker)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) configurations and best practices to ensure a high quality Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience and a hunger to become a thought leader in our domain
- The ability to work locally from our Chicago office (we have a flexible work from home policy too)
Bonus If You Have It
- In-depth knowledge of backend web development (e.g. Ruby on Rails), unit testing (e.g. RSpec)
- Experience with container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience with web application and network security best practices (OWASP, SANS. etc)
- AWS Certification
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.