Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Full Stack Software Engineers architect, prototype, build, test, and deploy new features and functionality for our online vision test and vision care platform. You will work across our development stack to implement new eye tests, interfaces, APIs, and intuitive users experiences. You will be expected to meet code, source control, and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Also, you'll contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Product team.
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of experience is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter
- In-depth knowledge of Ruby on Rails, unit testing (e.g. RSpec)
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience and a hunger to become a thought leader in our domain
- The ability to work locally from our Chicago office (we have a flexible work from home policy too)
Bonus If You Have It
- Experience and/or interest in working with AWS, CI configuration, New Relic, Rollbar and similar services
- Experience with native mobile development (e.g. Objective-C, Swift, Android NDK)
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Monthly CTA and ride-sharing subsidy
- Daily $10 lunch subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Gym memberships reimbursement ($40/month)
- Free eye prescriptions from our system, on-staff doctor, or doctor of your choice
- Option to enroll in health insurance, medical and dental programs for full-time employees
- Flexible work-from-home and vacation policies
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.