Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work aims to leverage and build the collective capacities of employers, educators, tech innovators, social entrepreneurs, and civic institutions to unlock opportunity for over one million Americans in the next decade.
Opportunity@Work is building out its Partnerships & Alliances team in 2019. This team is responsible for expanding the contributions of a select set of leading companies to increase the number of Americans without four-year degrees who are hired into middle-wage tech-enabled jobs. As part of this team, we are launching an initiative focused on building partnerships to accelerate innovation, learn quickly and define priorities across the private, public and social sectors on behalf of the group we are calling American STARs (Americans Skilled Through Alternate Routes).
About the Role
The Director of Partnerships is responsible for leading Opportunity@Work’s partnerships with leading companies and organizations in the workforce development space and launching the Innovation Accelerator, which is aimed at advancing the initiatives of 2-5 of Opportunity@Work’s corporate partners.
This leader should have a track record of building partnerships with Fortune 500 companies and national social sector organizations and driving results with excellent collaboration and project management skills.
Define partnership structure and value proposition for partnering organizations
- Build deep relationships with priority partner organizations to mobilize their contributions to the STAR movement
- Build the internal processes and practices required to manage 20--30 ongoing partnerships with multiple relationships at each partner organization
- Oversee the identification, prioritization, and cultivation of a pipeline of new partnerships
- Track, report, and optimize the performance of partnerships, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and facilitating the execution of those solutions
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication to team members on partnership initiatives
- Develop strategy and execute on the Innovation Accelerator concept, beginning with initial pilots
Required Skills & Experience:
- A decisive leader with proven ability to plan and lead teams to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated project management capabilities to drive outcomes and meet deadlines
- Experience cultivating and building partnerships with Fortune 500 companies and/or large national social sector organizations
- Ability to work with all levels of a partner organization, especially at the executive & C-suite level
- Energetic, proactive self-starter who is highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to drive forward partnerships based on a robust understanding of organizational structures, priorities, and dynamics
- Creative and collaborative problem-solver; comfort working through ambiguity to define priorities with quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong record of internal and external stakeholder relationship management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong executive-level written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the workforce development, inclusive talent management and/or Opportunity Youth space (preferred)
- Experience leading Partnerships or Alliances for a social or private sector organization (preferred)
- Experience facilitating partnerships across multiple sectors in order to align objectives and drive outcomes (preferred)
- Experience leading a collaborative forum with social or private sector organizations (preferred)
- Experience as an HR or management consultancy (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.