Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs). For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look. We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn, and earn to their full potential. Visit us at www.opportunityatwork.org.
About the Role:
The Product Manager is responsible for managing the development and prioritization of the Opportunity Marketplace
. As a key member of our Product team, you will have an immediate and tangible impact on the business and the lives of STAR candidates.
The ideal candidate will bring a growth mindset that combines strategic thinking coupled with strong execution and cross-functional team collaboration to rapidly execute and iterate on marketplace growth initiatives. The person in this role will be fully hands-on and will need to be comfortable using data to set priorities and assess results while demonstrating a deep understanding of customer needs.
The Product Manager will report directly to the Director of Product.
- Lead a range of growth initiatives and drive them to successful outcomes by defining, implementing, and evaluating metrics ensuring product success.
- Work with engineering and design throughout the product development process to deliver high-quality products and user experiences.
- Implement go-to-market plans, balancing strategic planning with tactical execution.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, customer success, sales, and other teams to deliver a complete customer experience.
- Monitor performance and measure the impact of product enhancements and initiatives.
- Work in an agile environment with a distributed team to deliver exceptional service to our customers.
- Align teams on a shared vision and steer execution on that vision.
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5 years of product management and product growth experience in B2B SaaS or marketplace environments.
- Track record in making data-driven product decisions and owning the outcomes of those decisions.
- Experience with key product management functions, including writing requirements & user stories, creating wireframes, market research, competitive analysis, product planning, and reporting, and working with engineering and design teams.
- Proven success in designing and executing user growth experiments using different tools and data sets.
- Drive and ability to get things done in a startup environment.
- Strong analytical and growth marketing/optimization mindset including experience editing and copywriting.
- Self-Starter who operates well with ambiguity and has a strong sense of ownership.
- Experience bringing teams together using Agile development methodology.
- Strong communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.