Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs). For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look. We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations, and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn, and earn to their full potential. Visit us at www.opportunityatwork.org
About the Role
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing operational best practices for deployment, configuration, monitoring, and ensuring the reliability and robustness of our platform as it scales in scope and usage. This person should have a user-first mentality approach in order to help build and scale our Talent platform
This position can work inside our Washington, D.C, or San Francisco office.
- Build, deploy, manage and monitor applications running on Kubernetes/AWS/GCP/DigitalOcean
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Implement, manage and improve our CI/CD, monitoring and other infrastructure tooling
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Develop, improve and automate operational practices and procedures
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance, such as ISO, SOX, SSAE 16, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional experience supporting application deployments to AWS, Kubernetes, DigitalOcean or another cloud solution
- Professional experience operating/deploying/supporting Kubernetes
- Professional experience managing Docker and container deployments
- Strong general proficiency with Linux
- Strong scripting and some programming skills
- Experience creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with CircleCI/Jenkins/BitBucket
- Experience working on a fast-paced, lean organization that is 100% accountable for its commitments
- Able to take high-level requests, break them down to digestible tasks, and own them to completion
- Passion for maintainable code, automated testing, and thorough code review
- Security first mindset
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.