Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs). For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look. We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn and earn to their full potential. Visit us at www.opportunityatwork.org.
About the Role
As a key member of our Product team, you will help design Opportunity@Work’s marketplace from the ground up. We are looking for an experienced designer with strong visual design skills to establish the core look and feel of a new product. You’ll be heavily involved in the end-to-end product design process, and enjoy a large degree of creative freedom and influence.
- Establish style guide and design patterns
- Create polished, developer-ready designs
- Manage final design hand-off to engineering
- Respond to and incorporate user feedback
- Work with Product and Data Science teams to drive various growth initiatives
- Work in an agile environment with a distributed team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5 years of direct experience
- Solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Portfolio showcasing strong visual and interface design experience
- Demonstrated success shipping customer-facing design, preferably for marketplace products
- Demonstrated ability to solve for complex user journeys
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment
- Strong communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.