Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work aims to leverage and build the collective capacities of employers, educators, tech innovators, social entrepreneurs, and civic institutions to unlock opportunity for over one million Americans in the next decade.
There are millions of individuals who are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs), who gained in-demand skills on-the-job, in the armed forces, in last-mile or workforce training programs, in community colleges, even in community service.
Opportunity@Work aims to build alliances with people, communities, and organizations interested in providing access to jobs for STARs. We aim to reverse the wage decline experienced by STARs with a strategic movement that generates significant focus and investment across the public, social and private sectors.
About the Role
The Talent Acquisition Manager will play an integral role within our team; sourcing the right talent within a fast-paced, high-performing organization. Reporting to the Director of People, they will develop and execute staffing strategies that support Opportunity@Work’s rapid growth in 2020. This person will lead the entire recruiting life cycle while also working closely with the Director of People to drive world-class recruitment practices and strategy. They will be responsible for managing between 10-15 open requisitions at a time for both technical and non-technical roles.
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process; from kick-off meetings with hiring managers, to sourcing/screening, through the offer stage for 10-15 requisitions at a time spanning multiple levels and departments (Sales, Engineering, Product)
- Develop and implement creative sourcing strategies and techniques to attract qualified Product and Engineer candidates.
- Prioritize STAR candidates for openings; develop a replicable and sustainable strategy to identify, source, and recruit these candidates for Opportunity@Work as well as future organizations
- Drive strategies and initiatives that prioritize diversity and inclusion
- Provide candidates with an accurate and compelling story as to why Opportunity@Work is an exciting and fulfilling place to work
- Leverage data and insights, prior knowledge, and industry trends to build creative sourcing strategies to engage passive candidates
- Host in-house recruitment events, attends community events, career fairs, and networking events in order to build a database of potential candidates for existing and future hiring needs
- Complete weekly reports on employment activity; track and report on key recruitment metrics designed to measure staffing activity.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a world-class candidate experience
- Ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years experience managing a full-cycle recruitment process
- 3+ years of technical recruiting experience
- 2+ years of creating and executing effective talent acquisition strategies
- Experience working for a fast-paced, tech startup or similar experience
- Experience working in a modern Applicant Tracking System (ATS) such as Google Hire, Greenhouse, Lever, or similar ATS
- Strong knowledge of recruitment best practices
- Experience working with passive candidates in a highly competitive space
- Agile problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where business needs change
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with a passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.