Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs). For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look. We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations, and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn, and earn to their full potential. Visit us at www.opportunityatwork.org
About the Role:
The Vice President of Product and Head of Growth is responsible for managing a passionate team of Product Managers in building the Opportunity@Work Talent platform
. They will be responsible for shaping our overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as working closely with the executive team to support the achievement of company business objectives.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with engineering, design, marketing, partnerships, customer success, and business operations teams. The ideal candidate will have previous experience leading teams in building successful SaaS products in agile software development environments. This person will report directly to the Chief Technology Office and can work inside our Washington, D.C, or San Francisco office.
- Distill the growth product vision into product strategy, product messaging, compelling roadmap and requirements to support category adoption and a growing user base
- Oversee go-to-market plans, balancing strategic planning with tactical execution.
- Ensure teams work cross-functionally with marketing, customer success and other teams to deliver a complete customer experience
- Define and implement analytics and dashboard that communicate product effectiveness.
- Foster an agile environment with a distributed team to deliver exceptional service to our customers.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight and align teams on a shared vision and steer execution on that vision
- Communicate product requirements to engineering and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely delivery of platform and services
- Identify product and experience hurdles that prevent desired outcomes.
- Define and implement A/B tests that continuously improve product effectiveness.
- Define features that drive frequent engagement.
- Convert acquired traffic/leads into active users.
- Monitor and optimize key success metrics such as match rate, time-to-match, market depth, take rate, cohort retention, customer satisfaction, and trust metrics.
- Evangelize the offering and grow the ecosystem
- Build a great product team (recruit and hire, sense of progress, promote proactively)
- Extensive experience building successful SaaS Marketplace platforms and Talent solutions in Agile, fast-paced companies and venture-backed startups
- Highly technical and logical
- Extensive experience leading and managing product growth teams and product managers
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires collaboration problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- A confident, articulate communicator with strong executive-level written and oral communication
- A passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.