Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs). For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look. We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn and earn to their full potential. Visit us at www.opportunityatwork.org.
About the Role:
The Office of the CEO at Opportunity@Work is fast-paced, multi-dimensional, and mission-driven. The Project Associate will be a key member of the team, allowing the office to become more effective and execute our mission as we work to create an impact in an ever-changing world.
The Projects Associate is responsible for managing a variety of aspects of ongoing initiatives and ensuring success across project objectives and deliverables. They will support projects from start to finish and will serve as a strong team member to ensure successful completion. This person will be responsible for conducting key research and will support the CEO on day-to-day operations.
This role requires active day-to-day collaboration across multiple teams and external partners across a diversity of workstreams; working closely with the Strategic Project Manager (SPM), Office of the CEO, and the Executive Assistant (EA) to the CEO. This person will report directly to the Strategic Projects Manager inside the Office of the CEO.
- Conduct background research for upcoming CEO meetings and on inbound meeting requests
- Read & summarize key research reports from the field
- Maintain Salesforce database with up-to-date information from CEO office communications, meetings, etc
- Maintain a set of “products” to ensure CEO efficiency, including but not limited to canned responses and ensuring documents are up-to-date and organized for easy reference
- Coordinate across high-profile partnerships including scheduling cross-team meetings and maintaining accurate notes
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Serve as the point-person contact for the project and be responsible for cross-team project communications
- Coordinate stakeholders across multiple teams and functions to ensure successful completion of their respective workstreams
- Serve in an ambassadorial role, helping to identify potential opportunities for collaboration with external partners
- Respond to inquiries from collaborating organizations
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of administrative support experience, project management experience a plus.
- Self-starting, critical thinker who can switch priorities at a moment's notice
- Proficiency with Google suite of products (docs, sheets, slides)
- Previous participation and completion of a training program in project management or business operations through an “alternative route” (i.e. Year Up, community college, etc.) a plus
- Strong technological aptitude
- Excellent time management skills and ability to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills: professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to distill a lot of information into a few important takeaways
- Ability to build relationships across internal teams & external stakeholders
- Passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
- Experience working for a start-up a plus
- Experience in the workforce development space a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus but not required
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.