Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy.
Opportunity@Work is a growing startup that offers a flexible and fun working environment with the ability to grow and learn! We offer many benefits and perks including medical/dental/vision, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off!.
About the Role:
Opportunity@ Work is hiring a Project Associate to (i) support the resource mobilization efforts of the organization, (ii) conduct research of funders and external partners (iii) conduct qualitative and quantitative research on workforce development topics for the CEO and (iv) provide additional administrative support to Chief of Staff and CEO on weekly projects. The candidate will report to and work under the supervision of a Senior Vice President and collaborate with the Chief of Staff to the CEO and members of the Opportunity@Work executive team. The project associate will have the following duties:
- Provide day-to-day support to the SVP and Office of the CEO on various research and strategic planning projects and assignments
- Assist CEO/Chief of Staff by providing background research for meetings with stakeholders and experts
- Assist CEO/Chief of Staff on populating weekly workload management tool
- Support the drafting of grant proposals, reports and other collateral in connection with resource mobilization opportunities
- Monitor and track deadlines for grants, and draft interim and final reports
- Schedule meetings with potential and current funders
- Maintain records of correspondence with potential and current funders on Google Drive and Salesforce
- Capture next steps from potential and current funder meetings; brief relevant team members
- Conduct background research to brief Opportunity@Work team members on funder relationships and background information before meetings
- Maintain Salesforce entries for potential and current funders and upload relevant information, contacts, files, emails, and deadlines
- Research potential funders and other external stakeholders; brief executive team members on key details
Examples of possible day to day activities:
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders, identify key elements and outline next steps in internal memoranda
- Conduct research regarding donors in the Future of Work space
- Research community college certification statistics on welding certifications for an upcoming speech
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of analytical capabilities, problem-solving, as well as qualitative and quantitative research
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to structure own work with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with external partners and proactively support management and maintenance of relationships
- Creativity, collaborative spirit, excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
Ideal Candidates will also display:
- Courageous Integrity: Communicate honestly and directly. Take risks and surface failures willingly. Do the right thing, even when it’s hard. Manage conflict with empathy and directness.
- Agility: Embrace change and learn willingly. Adjust to new ideas eagerly. Be flexible and realistic. Look at the big picture and how you fit in. Manage risks and opportunities. Have a can-do attitude. Accept feedback without resentment.
- Communication:Succeed at listening as well as talking. Articulate thoughts clearly. Share appropriately to the right person and through the right medium. Transparently make decisions. Speak comfortably one-on-one and in public.
- Critical Thinking: Identify questions clearly. Collect and analyze information. See patterns and opportunities in data. Evaluate results. Make decisions that solve problems. Iterate for improvement. Collect and analyze information. See patterns and opportunities in data. Evaluate results. Make decisions that solve problems. Iterate for improvement.
- Results Oriented: Take ownership and be accountable. Take proactive, persistent action. Organize and plan successfully. Meet deadlines. Balance competing priorities effectively. Do quality work. Manage time and risks well. Improve things and offer solutions. Work hard.
- Teamwork:Collaborate effectively. Trust co-workers with decisions and actions. Assume the best intentions in others. Consider what’s best for the group. Appropriately delegate. Engage with respect, humility and a civil attitude, even under duress.
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.