Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs). For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look. We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations, and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn, and earn to their full potential. Visit us at www.opportunityatwork.org.
About the Role:
The Team Assistant is responsible for supporting the leaders of Opportunity@Work’s Insights, Resource Mobilization, Partnerships, and Marketing and Communications teams. This person will play a pivotal role in managing calendars, appointments, meetings, and work-related travel; acting as a liaison between multiple teams.
Additionally, this person will support cross-functional projects; managing timelines and deliverables, logistics of convenings and meetings, and communications and follow-up.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent attention to detail, great organization, and prioritization skills, the ability to plan ahead, and to meet tight deadlines, all while juggling multiple critical requests.
They must have the ability to take direction from multiple people while managing competing priorities and should feel comfortable collaborating with people of all levels and backgrounds.
This position is an excellent opportunity for someone eager to learn from a collaborative and inclusive team with a desire to take on new projects and learn new skills.
This person will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Partnerships Officer.
- Maintain and coordinate team calendars and schedule
- Manage external requests on behalf of the team(s)
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables; keep team leads informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follow up as necessary
- Organize and execute team activities (meeting agendas, in-person meetings, external conferences, etc , team social events, etc.)
- Reconcile and submit expense reports for team leads
- Manage travel arrangements
- Provide administrative support for the preparation of presentations and reports
- Assist with other related clerical duties as required by the team
- Assist with ad-hoc projects depending on the needs of the team
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of administrative support experience.
- Self-starting, critical thinker who can switch priorities at a moment's notice
- Proficiency with Google suite of products (docs, sheets, slides)
- Four-year degree NOT required!
- Strong technological aptitude
- Excellent time management skills and ability to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
- Excellent interpersonal skills: professional written and oral communication skills
- Experience working for a start-up a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.