Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to increase career opportunities for the 71 million adults in the U.S. who do not have a four-year college degree but are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs). For STARs, the American Dream has been fading due in part to an “opportunity gap,” in which access to the good jobs required for upward mobility often depends less on people’s skills and more on whether and where they went to college, who they know professionally and socially, or even how they look. We envision a future in which employers hire people based on skills rather than their pedigree. We are uniting companies, workforce development organizations, and philanthropists in a movement to restore the American Dream so that every STAR can work, learn, and earn to their full potential. Visit us at www.opportunityatwork.org.
About the Role:
The Customer Acquisition Operations Manager is responsible for defining and managing the customer acquisition funnel for Opportunity@Work’s marketplace
customers. As a member of our Opportunity Marketplace team, this person will have an immediate and tangible impact on the business and the lives of STAR candidates.
The ideal candidate will bring a growth mindset that combines strategic thinking coupled with strong execution and cross-functional team collaboration to rapidly execute and iterate on marketplace growth initiatives. They will be hands-on and must be comfortable using data to set priorities and assess results while demonstrating a deep understanding of customer needs.
This position can work inside our Washington, D.C or San Francisco office.
- Design, implement, and maintain Salesforce reporting that would enable the organization to base decisions on accurate customer acquisition funnel data across geographies and channels
- Design and drive customer acquisition processes:
- Partner with Product Marketing to drive the objectives and distribution of customer acquisition content
- Collaborate with Director of Customer Acquisition on the efficiency of the customer acquisition funnel and identify where processes can change to improve customer flow
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team on designing internal processes for handing off customers from the customer acquisition team (pre-sign up) to the customer success team (post-sign up).
- Support Customer acquisition team as needed with lead and opportunity management
- Inform Customer acquisition and broader marketplace strategy:
- Shape quarterly planning goals with analysis and learnings from customer acquisition funnel
- Collect and share feedback and learnings from employers’, training providers’ and candidates’ performance on the marketplace in collaboration with Customer Success
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in sales or customer operations
- Track record of managing and reporting business-critical data sets
- Creative and collaborative problem-solver; comfort working through ambiguity to define priorities with quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated project management capabilities to drive outcomes and meet deadlines
- A decisive team member willing to be agile in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and expertise/comfort with Salesforce dashboard design and data management
- Energetic, proactive self-starter who is highly capable of identifying and executing the necessary steps needed to help with the overall team’s progress
- Quick learner of other operational tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Previous experience working in a remote environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion for Opportunity@Work’s mission
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.