Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work aims to leverage and build the collective capacities of employers, educators, tech innovators, social entrepreneurs, and civic institutions to unlock opportunity for over one million Americans in the next decade.
There are millions of individuals who are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs), who gained in-demand skills on-the-job, in the armed forces, in last-mile or workforce training programs, in community colleges, even in community service.
Opportunity@Work aims to build alliances with people, communities, and organizations interested in providing access to jobs for STARs. We aim to reverse the wage decline experienced by STARs with a strategic movement that generates significant focus and investment across the public, social and private sectors
About the Role
The Director of Customer Success and Operations is responsible for leading a team of Customer Success Managers and Associates to engage and support customers through their journey within the Opportunity Marketplace.
This person plays a vital role in developing and implementing Customer Success methodologies; driving processes, yielding customer outcomes, measuring engagement and usage, and supporting adoption.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader, able to foster relationships across both internal and external stakeholders in order to advocate internally as the voice of the customer.
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship including on-boarding, training, and support
- Engage directly with customers for any reactive trouble-shooting or escalations
- Measure and optimize for Customer NPS and overall engagement rates
- Identify root causes and develop solutions for customer turnover
- Manage and develop a team of high performing Customer Success managers to deliver great customer experiences
- Enhance effectiveness and consistency through the use of process and technology
- Define and establish a system for tracking metrics
- Communicate customer insights to the sales, marketing, and product teams
- Partner with the leadership team on metrics and objectives
- Define and help to evolve the business rules that allow customers to join and remain on the platform
- Ensure there is a balance on the marketplace between user groups
- Identify and help implement methods of organic growth (e.g. new roles, new geographies for current customers; organic referrals for new customers)
- Lead internal operations for the Opportunity Marketplace Business Team including but not limited to leading team sprints and stand-ups, aligning on cross-team goals and OKRs.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years leading a Customer Success function; successfully managing multiple levels of direct reports and customer-facing teams
- 3+ years of relevant experience with experience at a SaaS or software subscription business models
- Proven ability to align customer success with sales and product functions as a cross-functional leader
- Previous responsibility for budgeting and revenue forecasting
- Track record of using data to develop strategies, measure outcomes, identify opportunities, and prevent turnover
- Agile problem solver comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal skills: executive-level written and oral communication skills
- Experience working for a start-up a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.