Opportunity@Work is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to expand access to career opportunities so that all Americans can work, learn and earn to their full potential in a dynamic economy. Our work aims to leverage and build the collective capacities of employers, educators, tech innovators, social entrepreneurs, and civic institutions to unlock opportunity for over one million Americans in the next decade.
There are millions of individuals who are Skilled Through Alternative Routes (STARs), who gained in-demand skills on-the-job, in the armed forces, in last-mile or workforce training programs, in community colleges, even in community service.
Opportunity@Work aims to build alliances with people, communities, and organizations interested in providing access to jobs for STARs. We aim to reverse the wage decline experienced by STARs with a strategic movement that generates significant focus and investment across the public, social and private sectors
About the Role
The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for overseeing all aspects of software and product testing within the organization. This person should have a user-first mentality approach in order to help build and scale our quality assurance processes and automation testing infrastructure for our Talent Marketplace platform.
As a member of our agile, exceptionally talented, and rapidly growing product team they will also help mentor junior members of the team. This person reports directly to the Director of Product.
- Ensure the Talent Marketplace platform is high-quality by building product test strategies (automated and manual), writing, executing, and updating test plans for all layers of application testing
- Execute various levels and types of testing such as smoke, functional, compatibility and regression tests (manual and automated)
- Identify, research and document bugs; suggesting possible resolutions and root causes
- Collaborate with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identifying potential gaps
- Contribute to process improvements related to all aspects of the QA process
- Monitor and maintain system performance
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work in an agile environment with a distributed team
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Highly customer-focused, obsessed with quality, with a proven record of working effectively across functional teams.
- Experience with the latest tools and industry best practices including Front-end web application test automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, Cypress) and REST API testing frameworks.
- 7 + years of hands-on testing (manual and automated) with a deep knowledge of QA concepts, automation tools(e.g. Selenium WebDriver, Cypress) and REST API testing frameworks.
- 5 + years of Quality Assurance testing scalable web software, large-scale distributed systems, APIs.
- Ability to develop, update and maintain high-quality test plans, cases, scripts, and automation scripts for all levels of the system.
- Strong QA project leadership experience.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Proactiveness, good communication, and fast learning.
Compensation and Benefits
Opportunity@Work offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Some of our benefits include medical/dental/vision, life insurance, both short and long-term disability, flex savings accounts, pre- and post-tax retirement accounts with company match, commuter benefits, professional development funding, flexibility to work remotely when necessary, paid parental leave and generous paid time off.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Opportunity@Work is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We value and encourage the contributions of our employees and strive to create an environment where everyone can reach their full potential and drive outstanding results. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.