We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
As the Social Media Strategist, you will play an important role as the voice of our brand. You will be asked to work independently while being proactive as opposed to reactive. You will be challenged and encouraged to think outside the box on creative and experiential ideas and expected to come to the table with recommendations on how to improve both our channels and content. You will help communicate to our customers, so you must be comfortable, confident and professional at all levels. A strong sense of data, analytics and reporting will be essential to the success of this role. You will report to the Senior Manager of Brand and Communications.
- Be the OppLoans voice to help position us as a growing, elevated brand
- Build the social media content calendar, working with the Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, People Teams and PR agency
- Act as support with creative agencies and freelancers, as well as work with content marketing leads, to produce unique social copy, photos, videos and gifs-- that look like no other competitor.
- Engage with customers across LinkedIn (both our OppLoans and OppHome pages), Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels
- Support nationwide social marketing campaigns which have a direct impact on growth and user acquisition (for example, referral campaigns)
- Launch and successfully execute influencer campaign across various social channels
- Track and measure the success of social media projects by reporting and analytics
- Monitor social channels for important issues and post customer updates
- Be an expert, staying up to date on social trends and tools, and providing recommendations on social executions for marketing campaigns
- Take ‘smart risks’ with social posts- with the goal of driving engagement and inserting our brand into relevant conversations
What you will bring to the team:
- 3-5 years of social media marketing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An avid social media user; you are constantly engaged and on the pulse
- You can switch from consumer-facing, informal voice and copy to a sophisticated, expertise voice
- Exceptional social and data analysis skills. We need reporting, insights and optimization!
- The courage to dare to win, take smart risks and always come to the table with more
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.