We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
This role will report directly to the Compliance Program Manager of Compliance Monitoring and Testing and the main responsibilities are:
- Assist the Monitoring and Testing Compliance Program Manager in implementing Monitoring and Testing for applicable State and Federal regulations as part of our Compliance Management System
- Assess compliance risk through testing and monitoring
- Work with Issues Management Team to ensure issues are addressed
- Collect data, files, and other materials for monitoring and testing
- Work in collaboration with Business Compliance Officers and other partners in different phases of testing and monitoring including planning, execution, reporting, and follow-up
- Assess the material significance and relevance of identified findings and ensure escalation
- Develop reports which are concise and provide value to business to improve compliance controls and mitigate risks
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree required. CRCM certification and / or JD a plus. Paralegal certification also a plus
- 2 years experience in regulatory compliance and / or state regulatory supervision, preferably in consumer finance or fintech company
- Experience managing regulatory exams and audits
- Strong knowledge of consumer financial regulations, including the Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), and Privacy
- Proficiency in root cause analytics
- Familiarity with data queries such as SQL and JIRA
- Work with all levels with both internal and external customers and regulators
- Experience participating in risk assessments a plus
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and an enthusiasm for learning new areas of law
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through OppLoans products
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.