We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
The Data Science/Credit Risk Manager drives credit underwriting strategy changes, including managing experimentation of strategies, data sources and approaches. This visible role will work across multiple lines of business, external partners, and with associates at all levels to ensure that our approaches to underwriting and lending gets designed and implemented.
- Master the credit underwriting process, and manage the design and implementation of changes that improve credit performance.
- You will report directly to the VP, Credit for this role.
- Manage multiple experiments and strategy changes, update important partners on impact to those changes.
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party data vendors that is essential to OppLoans’ success.
- Manage credit team's changes with external partners and departments like tech and operations.
- Help develop junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with diverse departments on new programs.
- Monitor origination credit decision metrics and alert important partners on trends with recommendations on strategies to improve credit performance.
- Work closely with the data scientists and analysts in the team, mentoring them and guiding their development and work in model design, development and implementation.
What you will bring to the team:
- BA/BS degree with specialization in business, finance, economics, statistics, computer science.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services OR consulting experience with 1-2 years in a project/product management role, including managing credit policy changes.
- Knowledge of credit underwriting processes, FCRA and other lending regulations and credit bureau data (required).
- Experience managing large-scale projects with stakeholders.
- Experience with any project management tool.
- SQL, R/Python required.
- Strong familiarity with credit model development process and methodologies.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.