Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
Are you a data savvy, analytically minded business problem solver who can push to get things done? A quick learner with a passion for lending and making access to credit a fun, responsible experience? Read on!
The Data Science/Credit Risk Manager is responsible for driving credit underwriting strategy changes, including managing experimentation of strategies, data sources and approaches. This highly visible role will work across multiple lines of business, external partners, and with associates at all levels to ensure that our highly sophisticated approaches to underwriting and lending gets designed and implemented.
- Master the credit underwriting process, and manage the design and implementation of changes that impact the credit performance.
- Manage multiple experiments and strategy changes, update key stakeholders on impact to those changes.
- Responsible for owning and maintaining relationships with third-party data vendors that is critical to OppLoans’ success.
- Manage credit team's changes with external partners and internal stakeholders like tech and operations.
- Help manage and develop junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments on new initiatives and projects.
- Monitor origination credit decision metrics and alert key stakeholders on trends with recommendations on strategies to improve credit performance.
- Work closely with the data scientists and analysts in the team, mentoring them and guiding their development and work in model design, development and implementation.
- BA/BS degree with specialization in business, finance, economics, statistics, computer science.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services OR consulting experience with 1-2 years in a project/product management role, including managing credit policy changes.
- Knowledge of credit underwriting processes, FCRA and other lending regulations and credit bureau data (required).
- Experience managing large scale projects with various stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with any project management tool.
- SQL, R/Python required.
- Strong familiarity with credit model development process and methodologies.
- Competitive Benefit package.
- Free PPO Medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.