We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
We are looking for a Credit Reporting Analyst to join OppLoans’ expanding and dynamic Compliance department! This role will report directly to the Manager of Compliance Assurance - Credit Reporting. The role will primarily respond to direct and indirect disputes.
- Resolve indirect disputes through the e-OSCAR system, a platform where credit bureaus will forward disputes sent to them to the data furnisher.
- Resolve direct credit reporting disputes received from the customer either by phone, email, or letter.
- Work with our Training team to develop scripting for customer-facing agents and identify any areas for improvement.
- Determine cause of disputes by collaborating with department owners across a variety of teams.
- Work with representatives from major credit bureaus to determine if reported information is reflecting as anticipated.
- Help develop reporting on dispute trending for members of our Leadership team.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years experience reviewing sensitive information (customer documents, banking information), ability to navigate and review accounts, notate findings, and track information.
- Willingness to learn federal regulations under which OppLoans operates; primarily the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), as well as the Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Lending, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), as well as others as necessary.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Adaptable to rapid change.
- Identify areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Decision-making/reasoning skills.
- Ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of e-OSCAR system
- Experience with the Metro 2 format
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.