Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenge and opportunities to make impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
What you get to do:
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for many aspects of accounting and finance including bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, month-end and year-end close, and other duties and projects.
- Manage assigned accounting duties
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Post journal entries, complete account reconciliations, and manage select ledger accounts across multiple entities
- Review and analyze general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment, to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Prepare information for financial audits
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal processes and controls to continuously improve the financial reporting process
- Keep accurate and organized records
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative office duties as necessary
- Familiarity and working knowledge of general ledger systems
- Interact with various departments to determine workflows and resolve issues
- Assist Controller and Assistant Controller with monthly closing process
- Interface with Controller and Assistant Controller to manage reporting / filings
- Assist Controller and CFO during budgeting and forecasting processes
- Ad-hoc financial analysis including potential for inter-department projects
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 2 years of work experience in accounting/financial reporting, public accounting experience a plus
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and extremely accurate in completion of tasks
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and troubleshoot without direction
- Ability to adapt to multiple cloud based/on line financial platforms to execute reports
- Strong reconciliation skills
- The willingness to take on new tasks and broaden scope of responsibilities
- Thrives in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, most importantly Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Proficient in accounting software, experience with Sage Intacct or Quickbooks is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is required.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.