We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
The eLearning Content Developer plays a crucial role in the creation, development, and editing of content for learning experiences that close the gaps in skills, knowledge, and information of a targeted audience. The Content Developer focuses on how the training is developed including the look, feel, organization and functionality. They are expected to create and edit courses, workshop and/or curriculum material for the Originations department.
What you get to do:
- Combine and write course content based on input from SMEs, existing training material and other documents
- Draft and create screen layouts, graphics, animations, and interactions appropriate to the content
- Write the audio script, import video, and audio files (when applicable).
- Assist with development and editing of instructional materials such as lesson plans, simulation exercises/course interactions, guides and assessments
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form
- Promote collaboration among the participants in a design project
- Perform needs analysis when a training request is submitted
- Develop new training courses, workshops, and curriculum
- Design and develop Academy content
- Validate and write accurate training documentation
- Execute instructional design projects
- Evaluate and assess instruction and its impact
What will you bring to the team:
- BA in instructional design, HR or educational technology preferred; equivalent work experience in instructional design, content creation (creating and editing videos for e-learning platforms) and adult learning will be accepted.
- Experience instructional design and instructional technology.
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles.
- Experience using or managing an LMS is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with content and designing training for multiple methods of delivery
- Ability to storyboard, write effective copy, instructional text, audio, and video scripts.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country.OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you define your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.