Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google
and the BBB
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews
to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic BSA/AML Analyst to join OppLoans’ expanding and dynamic Compliance Department. This role will report directly to the Director of Compliance/ BSA Officer.
- Monitor, analyze transactional activity, and conducts investigations for suspicious activity including, fraud, money laundering, and other identified risks (internal reports, escalations, and external referrals).
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine if escalation is warranted.
- Review ACH activity, web or telephone-initiated transactions for fraudulent activity.
- Prepare and complete required reporting and dispositions accurately and timely.
- Investigate and analyze the causes, methods, and processes of AML/BSA and Fraud. activities and generate fraud prevention and analysis reports.
- Investigate any potential OFAC hits and escalate issues as warranted.
- Review, process and screen for 314a Requirements received from FinCEN.
- Understands and stays current on Red Flags and industry trends related to AML/BSA and Fraud.
- Assists with performing annual risk assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Criminal Justice, Political Science, Law or a related field.
- 2+ years relevant of AML/BSA or Fraud experience including intelligence and investigative analysis, or other compliance related experienced. Financial crime investigation experience preferred.
- A combination of education and experience may meet job requirements.
- Basic working knowledge of AML/BSA regulatory compliance processes and procedures.
- Must have solid research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must have good writing skills and be able to translate complex situations to easily understood narratives.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Excellent skills in Excel, PowerPoint, JIRA. SQL abilities a plus.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, working with all levels with both internal and external customers. Enthusiasm for learning new things and taking on new projects.
- Ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Ability to work well individually, and in a team structure.
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through OppLoans products.
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself.
- Competitive Benefit package.
- Free PPO Medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.