We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a leading financial technology platform that provides accessible products and a top-rated experience to middle income, credit-challenged consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, we help consumers, who are turned away by traditional providers, build a better financial path.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
We are looking for a Regulatory Complaints Associate to join OppLoans’ expanding and dynamic Compliance department! This role will report directly to the Manager of Compliance - Complaints. The role will primarily respond to direct and indirect complaints.
- Assisting the Manager of Compliance - Complaints in implementing our Complaint Handling Program.
- Investigating complaints and collecting requested data, communicating and responding to internal partners, regulators and/or consumers as appropriate.
- Act as a self-starter while working closely with a highly collaborative compliance team and other stakeholders in various phases of the complaint process, including developing and communicating process improvement suggestions.
- Import data into reporting database and analyze findings.
- Take lead in writing complaint responses to regulatory agencies
- Demonstrate ability to exercise judgment in assessing the material significance and relevance of consumer issues and ensure timely escalation.
- Manage transfer of approved compliance documentation as a result of compliance inquiries, complaints and potential lawsuits with bank vendors.
- Perform data quality and validity checks on complaint database and report findings.
- Assist as required with regulatory exams.
- Assist in developing reports and KRI/KPIs, which are concise, timely and provide value to business and management to continuously improve the complaint handling process.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting to send, upload documents following set procedures.
- Carry out Compliance-related activities through Feedback Loop interaction with management and business partners and at times facilitate meetings and/or participate in presenting information.
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree required. CRCM certification a plus.
- Experience with complaint management at financial service firms.
- Experience with Salesforce and SQL is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of consumer financial regulations, including Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), NACHA Operating Rules and Guidelines.
- Proficiency in root cause data analytics.
- Excellent writing skills, and excellent communication generally, verbal and written.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, working with all levels with both internal and external customers and regulators.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and an enthusiasm for learning new areas of law.
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through OppLoans products.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. OppLoans is ranked an Inc. 500 company for four straight years and named the fourth fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business. We’ve been named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering an outstanding experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you catapult your career here. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, tuition reimbursement, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan with rooftop access.
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.