We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees have an opportunity to make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
We are building a new Risk Operations and Bank Partnerships organization. The Program Manager is an essential role to help manage our bank partner relationship(s) working across the organization
- Work with our Bank Partner(s) to ensure the technology is operational, be the first line of defense to troubleshoot any issues, and plan new initiatives.
- You will report to the VP, Operational Risk in this role.
- Collaborate with our Compliance/Legal/Tech teams to ensure our products are up-to-date with regulations.
- Partner with other product managers to develop a prioritized list of initiatives, provide ETAs and track to a conclusion.
- Recognize potential system issues or opportunities for enhancement and collaborate internally to ensure maintenance of software for scalability.
- Provide strategic recommendations and feedback for process improvement. Lead the implementation and execution of these improvements.
- Document products and procedures for reliable future use while developing strategies to automate essential performance metrics and solutions.
- Analyze and interpret industry data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for the business.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in the workforce, 4+ years in a full-time project management role or work in a bank partnership role.
- You will work on complex problems or projects that requires an analysis of in-depth evaluation of multiple factors to solve.
- A self-motivated, dependable person with the ability to think outside the box and creatively problem-solve. An interest in puzzles is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving issues under tight time constraints.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as Finance and Compliance on escalated issues.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Inclination to take ownership of assigned projects and an independent mindset that strives for results.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is a plus.
- Time and project management skills, plus a commitment to timeliness and reliability.
- Experience within the financial services industry is a plus, but not required.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews
to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google
and the BBB
! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millenium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.